You will need: natural/mixed fabric, fusing, invisible zipper, bias tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Upper front part – 1 piece
2. Front facing – 1 piece
3. Lower front part – 2 pieces
4. Front yoke – 2 pieces
5. Center front part – 1 piece
6. Side front gusset – 2 pieces
7. Upper back part – 2 pieces
8. Lower back part – 2 pieces
9. Back yoke – 2 pieces
10. Side back gusset – 2 pieces
11. Center back gusset – 2 pieces
12. Front drape – 2 pieces
13. Back drape – 2 pieces
14. Wing – 2 pieces
1. Make pleats into upper front part. Fold lower edge of front facing and press it. Topstitch facing pressed edge on upper front part at 0.2 cm (1/16") from bend.
2. Lay the drape on lower front/back parts adjusting edges. Fix pleats into draping (by hand).
3. Stitch front yoke to side gusset. Serge joining seam and press it towards the gusset. Stitch back yoke to side gusset. Serge joining seam and press it towards the gusset.
4. Stitch side back gusset to center gusset. Serge joining seam and press it towards center gusset.
5. Stitch lower back part with drape to back panel; serge joining seam and press backwards.
6. Stitch lower front part to front yoke upper edge; serge joining seam and press towards the yoke.
7. Stitch front relieve seam, serge joining seam and press it towards front center.
8. Stitch upper front part to upper edge of gathered lower front part. Serge joining seam and press it towards drape.
9. Stitch upper back part to lower back part. Serge joining seam and press towards drape.
10. Stitch side edges and serge them. Press side seams backwards.
11. Make a stitch with easy loops along front low-cut neckline at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge, then gather as whished. Press the bias tape along the center. Overstitch front/back low-cut neckline edges as well as front armholes making straps of bias tape.
12. Serge wing’s outer edge, press into wrong side and topstitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge. Press bias tape along the center and overstitch wing inner edge making straps of bias tape.
13. Serge middle back edge. Stitch middle back seam up to closure notch. Press middle seam apart pressing slits. Stitch the zipper in.
14. Put the dress on, adjust straps’ length and sew back ends to back part. Adjust wings and sew them.
15. Serge dress hem, fold it under and topstitch at 0.5 cm form hem.