You will need: natural/mixed fabric, invisible zipper.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back part – 2 pieces
2. Upper front part – 1 piece
3. Lower front part – 1 piece
4. Decorative insert – 1 piece
1. Stitch the insert to upper front part. Serge joining seam and press it upwards. Stitch lower front part to insert. Serge joining seam and press it downwards.
2. Stitch back/front darts. Press back darts towards back center, press front darts towards front center. Stitch bust darts, press downwards.
3. Stitch dress side seams and serge them. Pres side seams backwards.
4. Serge dress middle seam. Stitch middle seam up to closure notch, press the seam apart. Stitch the zipper in.
5. Serge back low-cut neckline edge, front/back armhole edges, front neckline edge. Press sergeed edges into wrong side and topstitch them.
6. Cut shoulder straps. Fold straps along the center wrong side out and make a stitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") from bend. Turn straps right side out and press them. Stitch straps to front neckline.
7. Try the dress, adjust straps’ length and sew back ends on back part.
8. Serge dress hem, fold it under and topstitch at 1.5 cm (5/8") from lower edge.