You will need: natural/mixed fabric, invisible zipper, bias tape.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Upper back part – 2 pieces
2. Lower back part – 2 pieces
3. Lower front part – 2 pieces
4. Upper front part – 2 pieces
5. Front insert – 2 pieces
6. Skirt insert – 1 piece
1. Press front insert along the center. Stitch the insert to upper front part, serge it and press upwards.
2. Stitch skirt insert to lower front part. Serge joining seam and press it downwards.
3. Make a stitch with weak loops along skirt insert’s upper edge at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge; make gathering. Stitch upper front part to lower front part. Serge joining seam and press it downwards.
4. Stitch upper back part to lower back part. Serge joining seam and press it downwards.
5. Press the bias tape along the center; overstitch front/back armholes' edge and back neckline edge.
6. Serge middle back edge. Stitch middle back seam up to closure notch. Press middle back seam apart, press closure slits. Stitch the zipper in.
7. Stitch dress side/shoulder edges. Serge side/shoulder seams and press them backwards.
8. Serge the hem, fold it under and topstitch at 0.5 cm from lower edge.