You will need: mixed linen.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back part - 2 details
2. Front part - 2 details
3. Neckline piping - 1 detail (about 102 cm (1.12 yd) length, 3.5 cm (1-3/8") width (including allowances))
4. Armhole piping - 2 details (about 56 cm (22") length, 3.5 cm width (including allowances))
5. Shoulder cords - 4 details (about 33 cm (12") length, 4.5 cm (1-3/4") width)
Please check your own patterns for length of neckline and armhole before cutting out piping.
1. Cut front/back parts bias.
2. Let the dress hanging during 1 day before overcastting the hem, then draw hem line again.
3. Sew front darts, press them upwards.
4. Sew front middle seam and back middle seam above notch mark. Press allowances apart.
5. Sew side seams. Press allowances apart.
6. Fold pipings along the center, wrong sides together, press long edges inside, so that they coincide in the middle of stripes. Tack pipings to neckline/armhole allowance, right sides together, then stitch them in ring. Turn pipings into wrong side and tack them.
7. Topstitch stripes on the right side along joining seam.
8. Sew side seams; sew allowances to stripes by hand.
9. Press slit allowance and hem allowance into wrong side. Serge hem allowances, then front slit allowances. Topstitch slit edges and the hem on right side art 1.5 cm (5/8"). Finish lower topstitching at slit edges preciously.
10. Stitch ties right sides together, round at ends, and leave 5 cm (2") slit for turning right side out. Cut allowances. Turn cords right side out, press edges. Sew the hole by hands. Tie cords.