You will need: natural/mixed fabric, chiffon for outer layer, invisible zipper.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Right center front part – 1 piece
2. Left center front part – 1 piece
3. Right side back part – 1 piece
4. Left side back part – 1 piece
5. Right side front part – 1 piece
6. Left side front part – 1 piece
7. Upper center front part – 1 piece
1. Center back part – 2 pieces
2. Side back part – 2 pieces
3. Side front part – 2 pieces
4. Center front part – 1 piece
1. Lay outer layer’s pieces on the dress right sides together. Stitch relieve seams into front/back outer layers. Serge relieve seams and press front seams towards front center, press back seams towards back center.
2. Stitch side seams of outer layer, serge them and press them backwards.
3. Lay dress inner details right sides together. Stitch relieve edges of inner front/back layers. Serge relieve seams and press front seams towards front center, press back seams towards back center.
4. Stitch inner dress side seams, serge them and press backwards.
5. Serge outer dress hem, press it under and topstitch. Serge the edge of inner dress, fold it under and topstitch at 1.5 cm (5/8") distance.
6. Serge middle edge of outer/inner dresses, stitch up to closure notch. Press middle seam of outer/inner dresses, press closure slit. Stitch the zipper into middle seam of outer dress.
7. Cut straps. Fold straps along the center and make a stitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") from bend. Turn straps right side out and press them. Sew straps to front low-cut neckline edge.
8. Lay outer dress right side on inner dress wrong side and overstitch low-cut neckline edge of front/back parts. Under stitch inner dress.
9. Put the dress on, adjust straps and sew back ends to back part. Adjust middle edges of outer dress and inner dress and fix them at closure segment.