Recommended fabrics: velour, soft coat fabric.
You will need: fusible interfacing, 16 buttons, lining.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center back part – 2 details
2. Side back part – 2 details
3. Inner collar – 1 detail
4. Outer collar – 1 detail
5. Side front part – 2 details
6. Center front part – 2 details
7. Front facing – 2 details
8. Slip pocket detail – 4 details
9. Belt – 2 details
10. Upper sleeve – 2 details
11. Lower sleeve – 2 details
1. Center back part – 1 detail
2. Side back part - 2 details
3. Side front part – 2 details
4. Center front part – 2 details
5. Bag –4 details
6. Upper sleeve – 2 details
7. Lower sleeve – 2 details
Fusible interfacing: front facing, center front part, upper center back part, side front part armhole, sleeve vent, inner collar, slip pocket detail, vent back part piece; hem allowance: side back part, center back part, lower sleeve, upper sleeve, side front part.
1. Strengthen the front facing, center front part, upper center back part, side front part armhole, sleeve vent, inner collar, slip pocket detail, vent back part piece; hem allowance: side back part, center back part, lower sleeve, upper sleeve, side front part with fusible interfacing.
2. Overstitch inner collar with outer one (right sides together). Cut, then turn the collar right side out.
3. Pin the front facing and front part right sides together, then overstitch along the edge. Overstitch on the front part upwards the notch defining the end of collar sewing into. Sew front facings edges to front part strictly along marked hemline. Cut upper and lower seams corners. Overstitch the front facing work seam allowance: at zipper area – into the front facing, on lapels area – into the front part edge, on 0.2 cm (1/16") width from the seam. Turn the edges into right sides, fit seams.
4. Fold upper and lower slip pocket detail right sides together, then overstitch along the outer contour. Cut rounded corners allowance, then turn right side out. Press the fitting the edging. Sew bags to the slip pocket detail.
5. Fold the bag with side front part right side. Fold the bag with sewn slip pocket detail with central front part, according to notches, right side down. Sew the bag to pocket entrance allowance. Fold out side front part seam and topstitch it on the bag.
6. Sew front princess seams and pocket bags. Make a notch on pocket entrance allowance (at both ends), then press princess seams allowances apart, pressing the pocket. Topstitch the slit pocket detail along both edges on the side front part.
7. Sew back princess seams downwards the vent. Press lower vent’s edge on 1 cm (3/8"). Press back princess seam and the vent towards the center back seam. Topstitch back princess seam near vent upper end along the diagonal marking catching the vent allowance.
8. Sew should and side seams, then press apart.
9. Sew inner collar to neckline, then sew outer collar to front facings.
10. Sew sleeve elbow figure seam, then press.
11. Sew sleeve front seam, then press. Press sleeve hem.
12. Sew sleeve into armholes according to notches.
13. Sew shoulder pads and sleeve heads.
14. Sew lining details seams, with the hole in sleeve front right seam. Sew lining and fabric coat right sides together, to inner edges of front facings and outer collar. Press collar joining seams apart and fix them near seams. Fold under lining sleeves and sew them to sleeve hem; turn the extra lining under and press it. Turn the coat right side out. Pin side seams of lining with fabric ones, then cut preciously along edge vent, 1 cm from the center seam. On 1 cm (3/8") below the vent top, make diagonal slits of 1 cm in both sides. Turn the slits into and pin with vent edges. Between fabric and lining, pull pinned edges outside by one. Sew edges and turn the hem allowance under. Fit vent edges. Turn vent top lining corner and sew it to vent allowance.
15. Sew lining to fabric coat hem. Turn the coat right side out through holes of the sleeves. Sew holes in the sleeves.
16. Fold the belt right sides together, then overstitch along outer contour, with the hole in the center of upper seam. Turn the seam right side out, then sew center hole.
17. Work the buttonholes into right front part, sew buttons to left one.
18. Sew buttons to the back part. Fit the belt.