Recommended fabrics: cotton, linen or combined fabric.
You will need: fusible interfacing; 6 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 2 details
2. Back part – 1 detail
3. Collar – 2 details
4. Upper sleeve – 2 details
5. Lower sleeve – 2 details
6. Back part drawstring – 1 detail
7. Front part drawstring – 2 details
Fusible interfacing: outer collar.
1. Strengthen Front Placket and outer Collar with fusible interfacing.
2. Oversew notches as button holes into front parts and sleeves after pressing pieces of interfacing on the wrong side.
3. Press the placket into wrong side along fold lines. Fold placket right sides together and press, then tack them to front part necklines and sew to front parts lower edges.
4. Sew shoulder seams.
5. Sew side seams.
6. Overstitch inner collar with outer one. Make stitches along each side of the seam of the collar and turn it right side out.
7. Sew inner collar to the neckline, fold the outer collar open edge under and topstitch along the inner collar joining seam.
8. Sew upper and lower sleeves, with unsewn part between notches. Make decorative stitch along sleeve parts joining seam.
9. Sew sleeve seams.
10. Press sleeve hem into wrong side, then topstitch.
11. Sew the sleeves into arm holes, fitting the caps.
12. Sew front/back parts drawstrings together.
13. Press longitudinal stripes into drawstrings into wrong side, on 0.8 cm (1/4") width. Tack stripes on he wrong side, with tucked ends. Topstitch stripes on the right side of the garment, according to the following marking: sleeves upper and lower drawstrings, then front/back drawstrings.
14. Tuck tie ends. Fold ties along the center and stitch on 0.7 cm (1/4") from the fold center. Turn tie into right side, then press. Sew ends. Pull ties into drawstrings.
15. Press hem allowance into wrong side and topstitch.
16. Work button holes into right front and sew buttons to left one.