Recommendations: lightweight linen, cotton, silk or rayon fabrics and knits.
You will need: Lightweight linen fabric; fusible interfacing; 7 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front one-piece-cut with Lower Collar – 2 pieces
2. Back -2 pieces
3. Front Facing, one-piece cut with Upper Collar – 2 piece
4. Front Sleeve – 2 pieces
5. Back Sleeve – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: Front Facing one-piece cut with Upper Collar.
1. Reinforce with fusible interfacing the following pieces: Front Facing one-piece cut with Upper Collar.
2. Sew darts of Front and Back, sew center back seam.
3. Sew shoulder seams, clip allowances in the corners of collar.
4. Place Fronts face-to-face, stitch at raw edge of collar.
5. Sew Collar into neckline between corners.
6. Sew center back seam of Collar/Front Facings. Serge inside edge of each Front Facing up to the shoulder seam. Place Front Facings onto Front face-to-face, stitch together at center front.
7. Cut seam allowance in the corner of each Front Facing. Turn out the collar, turn Front Facings to the wrong side. Baste and press the edges. Turn under raw edge of Upper Collar and topstitch right into the seam of attaching the Lower Collar. Hand-sew Front Facings to Fronts at shoulder seams.
8. Sew side seams.
9. Sew Front and Back Sleeve pieces together (both front and elbow seam of each sleeve).
10. Sew sleeves into armholes, slightly gathering at sleeve head.
11. Turn under hem allowances of sleeves and blouse, topstitch.
12. Make buttonholes into the right front; sew buttons at the left front.