Recommended fabrics: cotton, linen or combined fabric.
You will need: fusible interfacing; 6 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 2 details
2. Back part – 1 detail
3. Collar – 2 details
4. Stand-up collar – 2 details
5. Sleeve – 2 details
6. Front part drawstring – 2 details
7. Back part drawstring – 1 detail
8. Upper drawstring – 2 details
9. Lower drawstring – 2 details
Fusible interfacing: outer collar, stand-up collar.
1. Strengthen the placket, outer collar, cuffs and stand-up collar with fusible interfacing.
2. Oversew notches as button holes into front parts and sleeves after pressing pieces of interfacing on the wrong side.
3. Press the placket into wrong side along fold lines. Fold placket right sides together and press, then tack them to front part necklines and sew to front parts lower edges.
4. Sew shoulder seams.
5. Sew side seams.
6. Overstitch inner collar with outer one. Work the collar and turn it right side out.
7. Sew stand-ups, with the collar between them.
8. Sew inner stand-up (with the collar) to the neckline, fold the outer stand-up open edge under and topstitch along the inner stand-up joining seam. Make decorative topstitch along the collar.
9. Sew sleeve seams.
10. Press sleeve hem allowance into wrong side and topstitch.
11. Sew front/back parts drawstrings.
12. Press longitudinal stripes into drawstrings into wrong side, on 0.8 cm (5/16") width. Tack stripes on he wrong side, with tucked ends. Topstitch stripes on the right side of the garment, according to the following marking: sleeves upper and lower drawstrings, then front/back drawstrings.
13. Sew sleeves into, fitting along the caps.
14. Tuck tie ends. Fold ties along the center and stitch on 0.7 cm (1/4") from the fold center. Turn tie into right side, then press. Sew ends. Pull ties into drawstrings.
15. Press hem allowance into wrong side and topstitch.
16. Work button holes into right front and sew buttons to left one.