You will need: linen/mixed fabric; lace braid 2-7 cm (3/4" - 2-3/4"), fusing; 5 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Collar – 2 pieces
2. Stand-up – 2 pieces
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Cuff – 2 pieces
5. Back part – 2 pieces
6. Side part – 2 pieces
7. Upper front part – 2 pieces
8. Center front part – 2 pieces
9. Middle front part – 2 pieces
10. Placket – 4 pieces
Fusing: placket, outer collar, cuff, stand-up collar.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of placket, outer collar, cuff, stand-up collar.
2. Stitch centre/middle front parts. Serge the seam and press it.
3. Make superficial pleats into upper front part and stitch lower front part. Serge joining seam and press it upwards. Stitch the placket with its right side front part’s wrong side. Press joining seam towards the placket.
4. Stitch middle back seam. Serge the seam and press it.
5. Stitch side front/back relieve seam. Serge joining seams and press them towards front/back centers.
6. Press outer packet’s outer edge at 1 cm (3/8"). Lay outer placket on inner one right sides together and topstitch inner placket with outer one. Fold the placket into right side of front part, then press.
7. Serge lace braid’s short lower edge, fold it under and topstitch. Make pleats into lace and stitch them to placket’s pressed edge up to the notch. Topstitch placket’s pressed edge on front part. Remove tacking. Topstitch lace braid’s short upper edge on front neckline edge at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge.
8. Stitch shoulder seams. Serge seams and press them backwards.
9. Overstitch inner collar with outer one, turn the collar right side out.
10. Stitch stand-ups inserting the collar between them.
11. Stitch stand-up with collar into neckline catching lace braid. Fold inner stand-up’s open edge and topstitch it along seam joining inner stand-up. Topstitch along the collar.
12. Stitch sleeve seam.
13. Fold cuffs cross the center wrong side out, stitch short edges up to marks. Slash the allowance close to slit. Fold cuffs along the center wrong side out, stitch slit edges.
14. Stitch cuffs to sleeve hems and serge cuff upper edges with sleeves.
15. Topstitch the seam joining the cuffs on sleeve, topstitch along cuff hem and slit edges.
16. Stitch sleeve in.
17. Make buttonholes into right front part, sew buttons on left one.
18. Serge garment hem, fold it under and topstitch.