You will need: silk; piping; zipper; elastic braid.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Upper back part - 2 details
2. Lower back part - 2 details
3. Upper front part - 1 detail
4. Lower front part - 1 detail
5. Sleeve - 2 details
1. Sew front/back darts and press dart depths.
2. Oversew front neckline with piping. Fix piping on the cornet in the center of neckline, and press.
3. Cut the piping in accordance with neckline size. Overstitch piping corners, slash allowances and turn corners right side out. Oversew front neckline with piping. Press front neckline.
4. Sew upper back part to lower back part and serge the seam.
5. Serge back middle seam. Sew back middle seam up to closure notch. Press back middle seam apart, press closure edges. Sew the zipper in.
6. Oversew back neckline with piping, and press.
7. Sew upper front part to lower front part and serge the seam.
8. Serge front/back side edges. Sew side seams, leaving clits in side seam. Press side seams apart, pressing slits.
9. Sew shoulder edges and serge them. Press shoulder seams backwards.
10. Cut elastic braid in accordance with size. Tack elastic braid to the seam joining upper front part and upper back part from bust dart to back middle seam, stopping 5 cm (2") before the seam. Topstitch and remove tacking.
11. Oversew sleeve hem with piping. Mark line of topstitching elastic braid. Cut elastic braid according to size, then topstitch.
12. Sew sleeve seam, then serge. Press sleeve seam.
13. Sew sleeves into armholes according to notches, gathering sleeves. Serge joining seam.
14. Serge the hem, then press it under and topstitch.