You will need: semi-wool; lining; fusing; 5 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front facing – 2 pieces
2. Lower pocket facing – 4 pieces
3. Upper pocket facing – 2 pieces
4. Front part – 2 pieces
5. Lower pocket bag – 4 pieces
6. Upper pocket bag – 2 pieces
7. Back part – 2 folded pieces
8. Front part – 2 pieces
9. Tie – 2 pieces
Fusing: front facing, facings, front part.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front facing, facings, front part.
2. Stitch front/back darts.
3. Cut front slit pockets “in frames”. Apply the stripe of fusing of 4 cm (1-5/8") width to wrong side of slits. Press facings along the center right side out. Lay pocket facings’ edges on frame middle part and stitch them along marked lines. Cut the front part between stitches, cut the fabric diagonally at stitch ends. Do not cut facings! Fold facings into wrong side, make neat frame and press it. Turn small triangles at slit ends into wrong side and topstitch accurately between upper stitch ends and lower stitch ends. Cut pocket bags, coincide them and stitch them together.
4. Stitch fabric front parts’ side seams, stitch side seams of one of lining back details.
5. Stitch lining front parts to front facings. Stitch side seams of lining front part and another lining back part leaving unstitched segment in one of seams.
6. Lay the lining on the garment right sides together and stitch lower edges, edgings, neckline edges and armhole edges; stop stitching at 1 cm (3/8") before armhole edges. Cut seams’ allowances close to the stitch, cut allowance at corners diagonally; make several notches into roundings. Turn the waistcoat right side out through shoulder seams, press it. Pull shoulder side into right side through unstitched segment of lining and stitch shoulder edges.
7. Fold allowances of unstitches segment of side seam into wrong side, sew edges together by hand.
8. Topstitch the waistcoat along all edges.
9. Make buttonholes into left edge. Sew buttons on right one.