Home / Men / Sports Clothing / #6109 Shorts with decorative stripes
You will need: whipcord; fusing; elastic braid of 4.5 cm (1-6/8") for waistband; cord for waistband.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Left front part - 1 piece
2. Left small insert - 1 piece
3. Left large insert - 1 piece
4. Left lower part - 1 piece
5. Right front part - 1 piece
6. Right small insert - 1 piece
7. Right large insert - 1 piece
8. Right side part - 1 piece
9. Back part - 2 pieces
10. Waistband - 1 piece
11. Pocket bag - 4 pieces
1. Stitch right/left front parts separately. Press seams.
2. Stitch pocket bags to back part and front parts according to marks. Slash allowances at pocket entrance's marks. Turn pocket bags right side out, press and topstitch. Stitch pocket bags. Stitch side seams. Make fixings at pocket entrance.
3. Press hems first at 1 cm, then 3.5 cm (1-3/8") under. Stitch front seams and back middle seams. Topstitch along left part. Stitch inside leg seams.
4. Mark lines of topstitching the elastic braid at waistband. Pierce 2 holes (at 8 cm (3-1/8") distance) for cord between topstitchings at front part's middle seam level. Stitch separately waistband and elastic braid in ring. Insert elastic braid into waistband, stretch the braid to waistband's length and make 2 decorative stitches. Stitch the waistband to pants catching elastic braid.
5. Topstitch hem allowances.
6. Press ready shorts.
7. Pull the cord into the waistband.