You will need: whipcord; fusing; 2 zippers (depending on pocket's length); elastic braid of 4.5 cm (1-6/8") width for waistband; trimming cord; cord for waistband; Velcro.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front part - 2 pieces
2. Back part - 2 pieces
3. Yoke - 2 pieces
4. Waistband - 1 piece
5. Large pocket bag - 2 pieces
6. Small pocket bag - 2 pieces
7. Off-set welt - 2 pieces
8. Back pocket's pocket bag - 2 pieces
Cut bias 2 fabric stripes of 3.5 cm (1-3/8") width for trimming. Stripes' length depends on trimming's length.
NB! After trimming is ready, there must remain seam allowance of 1 cm (3/8"). Otherwise, one must regulate width of cut stripes self.
1. Stitch stripes together, press seams. Fold ready stripe along the center, insert the cord and make a stitch along cord contour's.
2. Apply the fusing to wrong side of off-set welt, press it along the center. Apply the fusing to pocket place. Mark a line determining ready welt's width on the welt. Topstitch the trimming on welt's outer side (welt's outer side coincides with front part's right side). Stitch the welt. Cut pocket entrance between marking lines diagonally towards pocket marking's corners. Turn the welt wrong side out. Press seam allowances apart. Lay the zipper under pocket entrance. Stitch the zipper at 0.1 cm (1/16") from pocket entrance on front part's right side. Stitch small pocket bag to zipper's lower braid, then fold it under. Stitch large pocket bag to zipper's upper braid. Stitch pocket bags' edges. Pocket bags' edges must enter into seam joining the waistband.
3. Stitch yokes. Stitch pocket bag to right yoke making the trimming. Stitch the pocket bag to right back part, turn it right side out, press, them topstitch Velcro. Stitch back parts together. Stitch pocket bags together. Stitch yokes to back parts. Make fixes along pocket entrance. Topstitch middle seam along left part.
4. Press hems first at 1 cm, then 3.5 cm (1-3/8") under. Stitch side seams to slit mark, then topstitch. Stitch front middle seams. Topstitch along left part. Stitch inside leg seams.
5. Mark lines of topstitching the elastic braid at waistband. Pierce 2 holes (at 8 cm (3-1/8") distance) for cord between topstitchings at front part's middle seam level. Stitch separately waistband and elastic braid in ring. Insert elastic braid into waistband, stretch the braid to waistband's length and make 2 decorative stitches. Stitch the waistband to pants catching elastic braid.
6. Fold hem allowance into right side and stitch to slit edges. Turn allowance into wrong side and topstitch at hem allowances.
7. Topstitch ready shorts.
8. Pull the cord into waistband.