You will need: knit fabric; 3 buttons, fusing; you can use ribbed knit fabric for collar and cuffs.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Font part - 1 piece
2. Back part - 1 piece
3. Sleeve - 2 pieces
4. Cuff - 2 pieces
5. Off-set welt - 1 piece
6. Collar - 1 piece
7. Large pocket bag - 1 piece
8. Small pocket bag - 1 piece
9. Placket - 1 piece
10. Under placket - 1 piece
Advice: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew details with special (zig zag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing serge it with overlock and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges which must stay elastic. The above is not for industrial manufacturing.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of the welt, press the welt along the center. Lay the reinforcement stripe under pocket place. Mark a line on the welt determining ready welt's width. Topstitch small pocket bag on welt's inner side. Lay the welt with pocket bag on right side of front part coinciding pocket marking and the line on the welt. Welt's outer side must coincide with front part's right side. Stitch the welt. Stitch large pocket bag to pocket's upper marking. Cut pocket entrance between marking lines making diagonal slashes towards corners of pocket marking. Turn pocket details wrong side out. Press seam allowances. Stitch pocket bags' edges fixing pocket's corners.
2. Stitch shoulder edges. Stitch sleeves into open armholes. Topstitch seams along armholes. Fold cuffs along the center and stitch them to sleeves stretching cuffs' edge to necessary length. Fold the collar along the center and overstitch it along collar fall.
3. Ready polo placket's width is 3 cm (1-3/16"). Apply the fusing to wrong sides of placket and under placket. Cut front part along closure marking. Overstitch left front edge with facing, right sides together (3 mm (1/8") seam). Press ready seam. Stitch outer side of right placket to slit's right edge with 3 mm seam. Stitch the collar into neckline. Fold placket's inner edge under. Overstitch placket's corner. Topstitch right placket along the seam joining the placket. Lay left placket on right one coinciding front middle lines, adjust closure edges and fix lower edges of details with a stitch made squarely towards closure's edge on right side.
4. Stitch side seams and sleeve seams. Topstitch seams joining cuffs on cuffs.
5. Topstitch the seam joining the collar with stretchable stitch.
6. Serge garment hem and press it under. Topstitch garment hem.
7. Press ready shirt.
8. Make buttonholes into left placket, sew buttons on right one.