You will need: moreen/fabrics suitable for cloaks; elastic braid; separable zipper.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Pocket - 4 details
2. Back part - 1 folded detail
3. Front part - 2 details
4. Hood - 2 details
5. Back sleeve - 2 details
6. Front sleeve - 2 details
1. Sew side seams leaving pocket entrance unstitched. Lay both pocket bags on garment wrong side on pocket entrance right sides together and pin them along pocket entrance. Sew pocket bags strictly along marked side seam lines, below pocket entrance, closely to the seam. Press pocket bags forward, tack to front part and topstitch along marking.
2. Sew sleeve upper seams. Press allowances forwards and topstitch them.
3. Sew sleeve lower seams; do not stitch edges below bend line (to pull elastic braid in). Turn one-piece facing of sleeve lower edges to wrong side, fold them under and topstitch along coulisse (tunnel) marking. Pull elastic braids equal to wrist girth into coulisses. Topstitch braid ends.
4. Sew sleeves into open armholes; press allowances and topstitch.
5. Sew hood details. Press seam allowance to hood left part and topstitch. Turn hood allowance along face side to wrong side fold it under and topstitch. Sew the hood into neckline, leaving edge allowances behind ends of seam joining the hood. Press allowances of seam joining the hood downwards. Topstitch the garment along seam joining the hood.
6. Turn one-piece facing of garment hem to wrong side, fold it under and topstitch along coulisse marking. Pull elastic braids into coulisses, topstitch braid ends.
7. Press edging allowances to wrong side. Sew separable zipper under edgings with its teeth hidden; when sewing the zipper, fold zipper braid's upper ends under.