Recommended fabrics: jean fabrics with elastic fibers.
You will need: jean fabric with elastic fibers; fusible interfacing, zipper, 1 button (or snap); contrasting thread for topstitching.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Triangle Insert – 2 pieces
2. Back Facing - 1 piece
3. Front Right Facing - 1 piece
4. Zipper Fly – 1 piece
5. Back Panel – 2 pieces
6. Patch Pocket - 2 pieces
7. Right Front Panel - 1 piece
8. Left Front Panel - 1 piece
9. Front Left Facing - 1 piece
10. Belt Loop – 1 piece
Fusible interfacing: All three Facings, Zipper Fly.
1.Reinforce with fusible interfacing Front Right Facing, Front Left Facing, Back Facing, and Zipper Fly.
2.Sew darts at the Back Panels, press them to the center of skirt.
3.Sew center back seam down to the notch of insert. Sew in the Triangle Insert, serge seam allowances, topstitch the seamlines at 1 cm (3/8?).
4. Turn under and press allowance at top edge of Patch Pocket. Turn under raw edge for 0.5 cm, press and topstitch 0.1 cm from the fold line. Turn under and press allowances at sides and bottom of each Patch Pocket. Mark Pocket placement at Back Panel. Pin Patch Pockets to Back, edgestitch.
5. Serge center front edges of both Front Panels. Place Front Panels face-to-face and stitch center front seam from zipper opening and 3-4 cm (1-5/8") down. Press to the wrong side extended zipper closure facings: press down Right Facing at center front line; Left Facing, at 1 cm (3/8") from the edge. Fold Zipper Fly piece in half lengthwise and serge raw edges.
Sew zipper under the edge of zipper facing at left Front, placing zipper teeth/coil right next to the fold, and putting Zipper Fly underneath so that serged edge of Zipper Fly is aligned with zipper tape at the wrong side of garment. Pin opening, matching at center front.
Stitch another side of zipper to the extended facing of the Right Front, avoid picking up the Right Front Panel itself.
Topstitch Right Front Panel along the zipper, as per pattern, fastening its facing at the same time, and turning out Zipper Fly. Stop this topstitching 1.5-2 cm (6/8") before center front seam. Then, fold back Zipper Fly piece and proceed topstitching down to the center front seam. The idea is to fasten Zipper Fly only at the bottom of zipper closure.
6. Turn under and press according to pattern the curved part of center front edge of Right Front Panel. Topstitch pressed edge onto Left Front Panel down to the opening for insert. Sew in the Triangle Insert, serge allowances, topstitch seamlines.
Serge crotch seam allowances and pants’ bottom edges. Sew and serge inseams. Press inseams towards Back. Sew crotch seam (preferably, with a triple straight stitch) from top of Back to the notch for zipper start at Front. Make a second, parallel, stitching 0.2 cm (1/16") from the crotch seam.
7. Sew together Front Facings and Back Facing at sides. Press allowances open. Serge bottom edge of Facings.
8. Place Facing face-to-face with the skirt and stitch at the top edge. Clip allowances at curves, turn out to the face side. Edgestitch top edge of skirt. Bartack at side seams.
9. Work buttonhole into Right Front Panel. Sew button to the Left Front Panel.