Recommended fabrics: lightweight jean fabric, or other cotton or blended fabrics.
You will need: fabric, fusible interfacing, 2 snaps, 2 buckles.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center Front – 2 pieces
2. Middle Front – 2 pieces
3. Side Front – 2 pieces
4. Center Back – 2 pieces
5. Side Back – 2 pieces
6. Front Shoulder Strap – 4 pieces
7. Shoulder Strap – 4 pieces
8. Flap – 4 pieces
9. Upper (Back and Front) Facing – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: Flaps, Front Facing (one-piece cut with Center Front).
1. Reinforce Flaps and extended Front Facings with fusible interfacing.
2. Sew together Center Front and Middle Front. Serge allowances, press towards Center Front, and topstitch. Sew Side Front to the Middle Front, serge allowances and press them towards Middle Front.
3. Sew center back seam, serge allowances, and press towards left Back. Topstitch the seam. Sew Side Backs to Center Back.
Serge allowances, press them towards Center Back, topstitch.
4. Sew side seams, serge allowances, press towards Back. Topstitch.
5. Place every two pieces of Flaps face-to-face and sew around the outer edges. Clip in corners; turn out to the face side, press and topstitch the Flap at 0.1 cm and 0.5 cm (3/16"). Serge raw edge of each Flap.
6. Fold each Shoulder Strap piece lengthwise in half, face side inside, and stitch down at the long edge. Turn out, press, and topstitch at 0.1 cm (1/16") and 0.5 cm (3/16"). Assemble Front Shoulder Straps in a similar manner. Pull Front Shoulder strap through the buckle, turn under raw edges and triple-topstitch.
7. Place pieces of Upper Facing together, face sides inside, and stitch around three sides, inserting Shoulder Straps and Front Shoulder Straps between the two pieces of Upper Facing. Clip allowances; turn the Upper Facing to the face side.
6. Serge bottom edge of garment and raw edge of extended Front Facing. Turn Front Facing to the face side (face-to-face with Center Front), stitch down lower corner, turn out and press.
7. Stitch the inside part of Upper Facing to the top edge of garment. Turn under and press raw edge of outside part of Upper Facing. Topstitch outside part of Upper Facing into the ditch, inserting Flaps at the same time.
8. Serge bottom edge of garment. Turn under hem allowance, press and topstitch bottom hem.