Recommended fabrics: fleece or sweatshirt knit.
You will need: fleece or sweatshirt knit, 1 zipper (non-separating type); drawcord (approximate length of cord in hood is shown at the pattern); drawcord tips/ bells.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front- 1 piece
2. Back - 1 piece
3. Pocket - 2 pieces
4. Back Sleeve - 2 pieces
5. Side Hood – 2 pieces
6. Center Hood – 1 piece
7. Front Sleeve – 2 pieces
1. Sew Side Hood parts to the Center Hood. Serge the seams. Mark and stitch buttonholes at hood. Turn to the wrong side an allowance at the face edge of hood, turn under raw edge; topstitch to form tunnel for drawcord.
2. Serge the Pocket parts around and press allowances to the wrong side. Turn under pocket allowance, topstitch at 2.5 cm (1") from the edge. Mark pocket placement at the Front. Place Pocket onto Front, baste and topstitch.
3. Make a vertical cut for zipper at the Front, making slanted cuts at the bottom 1 cm (3.8”) of the zipper cut. Serge long raw edges of the cut for zipper; turn them to the wrong side and press. Place zipper under the cut, baste and stitch. Topstitch around zipper at 0.5 cm (3/16").
4. Sew and serge upper raw edge of Sleeve. Sew sleeves into armhole, paying attention to notches. Sew side seam and lower sleeve seam at one go. Serge the seams, press towards Back.
5. Sew hood into neckline. Serge seam allowance.
6. Turn under 1 cm (3/8”) of sleeve hem allowance, press. Then again, turn under 2 cm (6/8”) of sleeve hem allowance, press. Topstitch hem allowance.
7. Turn under 1 cm (3/8”) of hem allowance, press. Then again, turn under 2 cm (6/8”) of hem allowance, press. Topstitch hem allowance. Pull the drawcord through the buttonholes at hood. Put on cord tips.