You will need: semi-wool, lining, fusing; 5 buttons; shoulder pads.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Back neckline facing - 1 folded piece
2. Back part - 1 folded piece
3. Upper pocket bag - 4 pieces
4. Lower pocket bag - 4 pieces
5. Front part - 2 pieces
6. Front facing - 2 pieces
7. Sleeve - 2 pieces
1. Back part - 1 piece
2. Pocket - 1 piece
3. Front part - 2 pieces
4. Sleeve - 2 pieces
Fusing: front facings, back neckline facing.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front facings, back neckline facing.
2. Cut side front slit pockets: stitch 2 pocket bags to right side of both front parts along upper/lower marking so that pocket bag' open edges meet strictly at the center. Cut the front part between stitches (stop cutting before ends), cut the fabric diagonally at stitch ends. Do not cut facings! Turn facings into wrong side; fold upper facing upwards, turn joining seam with lower one making a frame, then stitch along joining seam. Turn small triangles on slits at wrong side. Adjust pocket bags and stitch them together.
3. Stitch jacket's side/shoulder seams.
4. Stitch sleeve seams, press them apart. Stitch sleeves into jacket armholes according to marks. Press sleeve hem allowance into wrong side.
4. Sew shoulder pads.
5. Press inside pocket's allowances into wrong side, lay it on lining of front part according to marks, them stitch.
6. Stitch back neckline facing to front facings.
7. Stitch lining details together in the same way as fabric ones, excluding a segment of about 20 cm (8") length into one of elbow seams. Stitch front facings to lining. Lay the lining on the garment right sides together coinciding them along middle back line and shoulder seams. Overstitch the garment with lining along edgings and neckline. Stitch the lining to hem edge. Turn the garment right side out through unstitches segment into sleeve, then stitch this segment. Sew lining sleeve hem to sleeve hem.
8. Oversweep edging and neckline, press it and topstitch.
9. Make buttonholes into right front part and sew buttons of left one.