Recommended fabrics: lightweight silk and rayon fabrics.
You will need: fabric, cord for neck tie.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Front– 1 piece
2. Back – 2 pieces
3. Upper Frill - 1 piece
4. Lower Frill - 1 piece
1. Sew center back seam, serge allowances and press to the side.
2. Sew side seams, serge allowances and press towards Back.
3. Stitch together short ends of Upper Frill to form a ring. Serge seam allowances, press to the side. Do the same to the Lower Frill.
4. Serge bottom hem edge of Upper Frill, turn under and topstitch. Do the same to the Lower Frill. Place Upper Frill onto Lower Frill (wrong side to face side). Align and stay-stitch Frills at top edge. Make machine-basting 0.5 cm (3/16") from the edge, for gathers. Pull to form gathers so that raw edge of Frills matches in length the bottom edge of dress. Pin and stitch Frills to the dress. Serge seam allowances.
5. Serge neckline edges of Front and Back, armholes. Turn under and topstitch all the edges except for neckline of Front.
6. Turn under Front neckline allowance. Topstitch at 1.0 cm (3/8”) from the edge, to form a tunnel for cord. Pull the cord through, tying knots at tips. Try the dress on to adjust gathering at front as desired. Hand-tack the optimal-fit Front neckline to the cord (at sides of neckline only).