You will need: crepe-sateen/chiffon/organza; blind zipper; piping; elastic braid.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center back part - 2 details
2. Lower back skirt - 2 details
3. Lower front skirt - 1 detail
4. Center front part - 1 detail
5. Upper front skirt - 1 detail
6. Upper back skirt - 2 details
7. Belt - 1 detail
8. Sleeve - 2 details
1. Stitch upper skirt side edges, serge seams and press them backwards. Stitch side/front lower skirts side edges, serge seams and press them backwards. Serge upper skirt lower edge, press it into wrong side and topstitch.
2. Serge side/shoulder of center front/back parts. Stitch side/shoulder seams of center front/back parts.
3. Fix upper skirt to lower skirt along upper edge at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge, make a seam with easy stitches. Gather details edge as you wish, placing pleats along all length.
4. Lay the bodice and the skirt right sides together coinciding side seams, and stitch them together. Serge joining seam and press it.
5. Press the piping along the center and overstitch front/back neckline with it.
6. Serge garment middle edge, stitch it between hem and closure notch. Press the seam apart, pressing closure slits. Stitch the zipper into middle edge.
7. Make a seam with easy stitches along sleeve cap between notches, at 0.5 cm from edge. Gather sleeve edge to the size you wish placing pleats evenly along sleeve cap length. Serge sleeve hems, fold them under and topstitch at 1.2 cm (1/2") distance. Cut elastic braid according to size and pull it into sleeve lower allowance. Stitch sleeves edges and serge them. Press joining seams.
8. Stitch sleeves into armholes according to notches.
9. Serge skirt hem, press it into wrong side and topstitch at 0.5 cm (3/16") from hem.
10. Fold the belt along the center wrong side out and overstitch along four sides, leaving a hole to turn it right side out. Turn the belt right side out and press it, sew the hole by hand. Fix the waistband on side seams with a fixing equal to belt width.