Recommended fabrics: padded fabrics with water-resistant coating/ other fabrics suitable for coats.
You will need: Double-sided padded water-resistant fabric; 4.10 m (4 3/4 yds) of cotton bias tape 1 cm (3/8”) wide, 3 toggle closures.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
Front - 2 pieces
Back - 1 piece
Back Yoke - 2 pieces
Hood/Front Yoke - 2 pieces
Pocket - 2 pieces
Sleeve - 2 pieces
Pocket Flap - 2 pieces
1. Sew Back Yoke to Back. Trim off padding at seam allowance. Press allowances towards Yoke. Turn under raw edge of seam allowance and topstitch.
2. Trim off padding at one long and two short edges of Pocket Flap. Turn under edges TWICE and double-topstitch.
3. Trim off padding at top edge of Pocket, turn under edges twice, insert raw edge of Pocket Flap and topstitch. Turn under raw edges and double-topstitch Pocket onto Front as per pattern.
4. Sew center hood seam - place Hood pieces face sides inside (allowances at the face side) and stitch together. Press allowances to the right Hood; cut off half-width of lower allowance (grade the seam). Turn under upper allowance and double-topstitch the seam onto garment.
5. Sew Hood/Yoke to Front similar to sewing Back Yoke to Back.
6. Sew together shoulder seams, sew Hood into neckline of Back, clipping Hood neckline allowances at shoulder seams.
7. Sew Sleeves into armholes and trim allowances with bias tape.
8. Sew side seam and under-sleeve seam at one go; trim allowances with bias tape.
9. Trim off padding along front edges and Hood face edge. Turn raw edges under twice and double-topstitch.
10. Trim off padding at bottom of Coat; turn raw edges under twice and topstitch. Hem Sleeves in a similar way.
11. Sew toggle closures onto Fronts as per pattern.