Recommended fabrics: lightweight fabrics of natural fibers, such as cotton, linen, rayon.
You will need: shell fabric, fusible interfacing, bias tape, 5 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Center Front – 2 pieces
2. Center Back – 2 pieces
3. Bottom Ruffle – 2 pieces
4. Wing Ruffle– 2 pieces
5. Side Front – 2 pieces
6. Side Back – 2 pieces
7. Front Facing – 2 pieces
8. Back Neckline Facing – 1 piece
Fusible Interfacing: Front Facing, Back Neckline Facing.
1. Reinforce Front Facing, Back Neckline Facing with fusible interfacing.
2. Sew and serge vertical seams of Front, Back. Press vertical seams towards center front/ center back.
3. Sew center back seam, serge allowances and press to the side.
4. Sew and serge side and shoulder seams. Press side and shoulder seams towards Back.
5. Sew Back Neckline Facing to Front Facings at shoulders. Press shoulder seams open. Serge inside raw edge of Back Neckline Facing and Front Facings.
6. Place Front Facing/Back Neckline Facing onto garment face-to-face, pin together, and stitch along center front edges and neckline. NOTE: Stitch at garment side, not at facings! Understitch seam allowances at center front onto Front Facing (0.2 cm (1/16") from seam). Turn facings to the wrong side, press. Staystitch Front Facing to Front at bottom edge.
7. Serge curved edge of each Shoulder Ruffle. Turn under serged allowance, press and topstitch. Machine-stitch at raw allowance of each Shoulder Ruffle and pull threads to make gathers.
8. Pin Shoulder Ruffle to the armhole head, going from vertical seam of Front to vertical seam of Back. Sew Ruffle to the armhole, serge allowances. Turn under free edge of armhole (underarm) and topstitch.
9. Sew two Bottom Ruffle pieces into one, serge allowances. Serge bottom edge of Bottom Ruffle, turn under and topstitch. Machine-stitch at raw allowance of Bottom Ruffle and pull threads to make gathers. Pin and sew Bottom Ruffle to the bottom of garment. Serge allowances.
10. Mark placement of buttons and buttonholes. Work buttonholes into right Front, sew buttons to the left Front.