Recommended fabrics: pretty dense poplin-type fabrics suitable for blouses.
You will need: rayon poplin; fusible interfacing; 6 buttons.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Collar - 2 pieces
2. Collar Stand - 2 pieces
3. Back - 1 piece
4. Front - 2 pieces
5. Sleeve - 2 pieces
6. Cuff - 4 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: extended Front Plackets, Cuffs, Collars, Collar Stands.
1. Reinforce Front Plackets, Cuffs, Collars, Collar Stands with fusible interfacing. Apply pieces of interfacing with glue side onto wrong side of each fabric piece, press both pieces with hot iron, preferably through the cotton cloth.
2. Turn extended Front Plackets out to the face side and stitch down to Front along bottom line. Clip seam allowances at bottom. Turn the Placket to the face side, press.
3. Sew darts. Sew side and shoulder seams. Serge allowances.
4. Turn under and press bottom hem allowance of blouse. Turn under raw edge, press, and topstitch bottom of blouse.
5. Place Collar pieces face-to-face and topstitch at three outer sides. Clip allowances in corners and at curves. Turn out the Collar to the face side, press. Place Collar Stand pieces face-to-face, inserting Collar in between (Collar should be directed downwards). Stitch together Collar Stand pieces, fastening Collar at the same time. Clip seam allowances frequently. Turn out to the face side, press. Sew outer side of Collar Stand to the neckline of garment. Turn under raw edge of the inner Collar Stand, baste at neckline. From the outer side of Collar, stitch in the ditch of neckline seam to fasten inner Collar Stand. Make buttonhole at the right side of Collar Stand, referring to pattern for placement.
6. Sew under-sleeve seam down to the notch for vent. Serge allowances separately. Press allowances open. According to pattern, mark and pin pleats at Sleeve bottom. Staystitch pleats. Place each two Cuff pieces face-to-face and stitch together at three outer sides. Clip allowances in corners, turn out the Cuffs, press. Sew outer side of Cuff to the bottom of Sleeve, placing Cuff onto face side of garment. Press seam allowances inside the Cuff. Turn under and press raw edge of inner half of Cuff, baste. Stitch in the ditch of Cuff seam to fasten inner half of Cuff.
7. Sew Sleeves into armholes. Staystitch with long machine-stitches at allowances of Sleeve head, between the notches. Pull threads to make shirring at Sleeve head. Sew Sleeves into armholes. First, match non-shirred part of Sleeve with armhole, matching notch at Sleeve with seam at garment, pin. Then pin at shoulder, matching a Sleeve notch with shoulder seam of garment. Then pin the rest of Sleeve Head, evenly spreading shirring of Sleeve head. Baste the armhole and stitch at the Sleeve, starting the stitching exactly at the under-sleeve seam. Serge allowances together. Press allowances towards Sleeve, at the shoulder area only.
8. Mark placement of buttonholes and buttons as per pattern. Work 5 buttonholes into right Front and 1 buttonhole at each Cuff. Sew buttons accordingly.