Recommended fabrics: soft woolen fabrics, knits.
You will need: fabric or knit, elastic 3 cm (1-3/16”) wide, drawcord, bell tips for cord.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Waistband – 1 piece
2. Back Panel – 2 pieces
3. Top Front Panel – 2 pieces
4. Bottom Front Panel – 2 pieces
5. Side Pocket Bag – 2 pieces
6. Side Pocket Part – 2 pieces
7. Patch Pocket Flap – 4 pieces
8. Patch Pocket – 2 pieces
Fusible Interfacing: Flaps.
1. Reinforce Flaps with fusible interfacing.
2. Sew together Top Front Panel and Bottom Front Panel. Serge seam allowances and press towards Bottom Panel. Topstitch seam at 0.2 cm (1/16").
3. Place Pocket Bag face side onto Top Front Panel, stitch along curved line of pocket entrance. Clip the corners and curved allowances. Turn Pocket Bag to the wrong side, press and topstitch pocket entrance. Place Side Pocket Part underneath the Front, matching the notches. Staystitch both pieces at top and side edges. Sew together and serge Pocket Bag and Side Pocket Part.
4. Sew and serge side seams, press towards back.
5. Place every two pieces of Flaps face-to-face and sew around the outer edges. Clip in corners; turn out to the face side, press and topstitch the Flap at 0.5 cm (3/16") from the edge. Serge raw edge of Flap.
6. Serge top edge of each Patch Pocket, turn under and topstitch. Serge lower and side edges of Patch Pocket; turn under according to pattern and press. Mark patch pockets’ placement at the pants. Put each Patch Pocket onto pants and topstitch. Place Flap, facing upwards, at Patch Pocket entrance; topstitch the Flap onto pants. Turn the Flap down and topstitch at 0.5 cm from seam of its attaching.
7. Sew and serge inseams. Press inseams towards Back. Serge crotch seam allowances and pants’ bottom edges. Sew crotch seam (preferably, with a triple straight stitch). Make a second, parallel, stitching 0.2 cm from the crotch seam, to reinforce the crotch seam.
8. Serge one long edge of Waistband piece. Mark placement of buttonholes at Waistband. Work buttonholes into the Waistband. Fold Waistband in half wrong sides inside, and press. Open the Waistband; stitch together its short ends, forming a ring.
9. Stitch raw edge of Waistband to the upper edge of pants. Leaving an opening for elastic, topstitch the Waistband in the ditch of waistband seam, fastening serged waistband allowance at the same time. Pull elastic through the waistband tunnel, bartack its ends together to make a ring. Pull drawcord into buttonholes, put on bell tips.