You will need: cotton velvet; fusing; 1 zipper; 1 button.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
1. Waistband - 1 detail
2. Yoke - 2 details
3. Back part - 2 details
4. Upper front part - 2 details
5. Middle front part - 2 details
6. Lower front part - 2 details
7. Pocket - 2 details
8. Belt loop - 1 detail
9. Button catch - 1 detail
Fusing: waistband, button catch, pocket entrance allowance.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of waistband, button catch, pocket entrance allowance.
2. Serge patch pocket edges: long side edge, entrance edge and lower edge. Press sergeed allowances according to pattern. Topstitch pocket entrance allowance at 0.5 cm (3/16") from edge.
3. Mark pocket place on front part and topstitch side/lower sides of pocket at 0.2 cm (1/16") from pocket outer edge leaving pocket entrance unstitched.
4. Stitch the yoke to back part; serge joining seam and press it towards yoke. Topstitch above joining seam at 0.5 cm.
5. Stitch front part details together. Press seams towards middle part and topstitch along seam.
6. Serge garment front/middle edges and garment hems. Stitch side seams and leg inside seams and serge them. Press them backwards. Stitch front edge and middle edge up to closure notch. Make another stitch along crotch seam close to seam joining front seam and middle seam.
7. Press closure one-piece facing into wrong side. Stitch the zipper under closure left allowance. Stitch zipper free braid to right one-piece facing. Fold the button catch along the center and overstitch lower short edge. Topstitch closure one-piece facing on left button catch. Topstitch slit right edge catching the facing.
8. Fold belt loop along the center wrong side out, adjust edges and overstitch at 0.5-0.7 cm (3/16") from edges. Then turn it right side out, place the seam at fold line or make edging of 0.1-0.2 cm (1/16") width into wrong side, and press it.
9. Press the waistband along the center right side out and serge waistband lower inner edge. Cut belt loops according to size and topstitch them on garment upper edge on marks.
10. Topstitch the waistband to garment upper edge. Overstitch waistband ends. Cut seam allowances into corners and turn the waistband right side out. Topstitch waistband lower sergeed edge on joining seam and press ready waistband.
11. Press hem allowances into wrong side and topstitch.
12. Make the buttonhole into waistband right end, sew the button on left end.