Recommended fabrics: cotton fabrics
You will need: Blue cotton fabric for shell; polka-dot cotton fabric for lining; polyfill warmer.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
When sewing the garment, pay attention to notches- they must coincide.
Front - 2 pieces
Back - 1 piece
Sleeve - 2 pieces
Collar - 1 piece
Tie - 4 pieces
To cut lining (polka-dot fabric pieces) and polyfill warmer, use patterns of shell without any changes.
1. Apply polyfill pieces to wrong side of corresponding pieces of shell fabric. Staystitch polyfill to shell at seam allowances.
2. Sew shoulder seams; press allowances open.
3. Sew Sleeves into open armholes, matching the notches.
4. Sew Collar into neckline, matching the notches.
5. Assemble lining similar to shell (pp.2-4)
6. Place shell and lining face-to-face, aligning raw edges. Stitch together at outer edges of Collars, center front edges, bottom of jacket, and bottoms of Sleeves. Turn out and press.
7. Sew side seams and under-sleeve seams of shell. Sew side and under-sleeve seams of lining as much as possible. Turn under raw edges in side seams openings of lining, hand-sew them together.
8. Stitch in the ditch of neckline seam, fastening together shell and lining.
9. Topstitch front edges, Collar, bottom of jacket and bottoms of Sleeves with 0.5 cm (3/16”) topstitching.
10. Fold each Tie in half lengthwise, face side inside, stitch at long and one short end; turn out, press and topstitch.
11. Mark placement of Ties at Fronts as per pattern. Apply each Tie to marks horizontally, so that the Tie is directed towards side seams/armhole, topstitch onto Front. Turn the Tie out towards center front, and topstitch in a shape of rectangle with diagonals.