Recommended fabrics: cotton, cotton blend fabrics, fleece.
You will need: heavyweight cotton fabric or fleece; white flannel for lining, separating zipper (its length depends on size of garment), 2 buttons 14 mm in diameter.
Attention! Fabric consumption varies depending on the size of garment. First of all, print out paper patterns and lay them out at the width of fabric/ knit you plan to use, to see how much fabric you will need.
Front/Hood – 1 piece
Back – 1 piece
Belt - 2 pieces
Sleeve- 2 pieces
Patch for Front zipper - 1 piece
Cuff - 2 pieces
To cut out lining, please use Front/Hood, Back and Sleeves (without any changes in pattern).
1. Sew center hood seam. Press allowances to the left side and topstitch at 5 mm (3/16").
2. Sew shoulder seams, press allowances towards Back and topstitch at 0.5 cm (3/16").
3. Sew dart of Hood. Sew lower raw edge of Hood into neckline of garment, matching at center back.
4. Sew sleeve into armhole, matching the notches, press allowances towards armhole, and topstitch allowances at 0.5 cm.
5. Sew side seam and sleeve seam at one go.
6. Cut the Front for future zipper (refer the pattern for depth of the cut).
7. Separate zipper. Place halves of zipper, with coil/teeth directed towards armholes, along the cut at Front, pin.
8. Sew together pieces of lining.
9. Place lining and shell face-to-face and stitch at the edges of front cut (sewing in zipper at the same time), hood, bottom and edges of side slits. Turn out, press and double-topstitch.
10. Topstitch neckline of back, stitching together shell and lining.
11. Baste together sleeve hem and lining hem.
12. Sew each cuff into a ring, press allowances open.
13. Sew one edge of cuff to the sleeve hem, matching raw edges. Press cuff lengthwise in half wrong side inside. Turn under raw edge of cuff and topstitch to the sleeve bottom. Topstitch the cuff at 0.5 cm.
14. Turn under and press raw edges of Patch for Front. Stitch the patch onto Front according to pattern.
15. Place belt pieces together face sides inside and sew all around except for small open area. Turn out through that area, press and topstitch at 0.5 cm.
16. Place belt onto face side of Front according to pattern, matching the notches, and sew to the edges of side slits.
17. Make buttonholes at the ends of belt according to pattern.
18. Sew buttons for belt to back.